Friday, November 23, 2007

Sorry

Okay, for the 4 or 5 of you who read this blog, I apologize for not posting much this month. I work in the grocery business, so November is a very busy time for me. That coupled with the new baby caused me to procrastinate posting much of anything. Well, something happened recently that has caused me to want to post something that's been bothering me since this event.

Okay, first off - I am not perfect. I make mistakes in my life. Some are really big ones, others are minor. I don't always consider the feelings of others, I curse more than I should, I don't eat a balanced diet, I talk about people behind their back, I talk about breasts a lot, I watch too much TV, I have downloaded songs illegally, I don't mow my lawn or do yardwork religiously, I am blunt with the truth, these and many other traits are things that I am not always proud of.

But one thing I am not is a sanctimonious flake of a person, who casts people aside like they are garbage if they exhibit a flaw, or do something to me that I don't like. If a person wrongs me, realizes their mistake and apologizes, I am more than willing to accept them into my life again. I do believe in second chances for people whom I have welcomed into my life as friends. I only "burn the bridge" with a person after repeated violations of my trust or if there is no sorrow for their actions. I also am not a person who just meets sorrow with silence, and will accept an apology with words when sorrow is expressed. I just don't understand how someone, who claims to be a Christian, would do this. It's spelled out in the Bible, to forgive people. No one is asking you to forget, for the love, and move on like nothing happened. I'm not even asking to be welcomed back into your good graces. All I am asking for is to be forgiven, and then if the bridge is still too far to cross, then it doesn't have to be. It's just frustrating for me right now, as I have lost someone that was important for me from my life.

What I did was wrong, and I am sorry for it. But let's just get this straight: I have apologized, over and over. I cannot do more than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are similar in this way. All you can do is apologize and they have to do the rest. I'm sorry that whatever happened has upset you so much!--Sarah

James C. said...

Don't flatter youself...4 or 5 people read this. C'mon!


;0)

Unknown said...

Did you tell someone their boobs were lopsided? Shame on you!

Tiana said...

I read your blog...so that makes your number at least higher a little. All you can do is apologize and they do have to do the rest.....good luck. Congrats on the baby again.

Laura said...

Aaron-You have done what you need to do-the rest is up to the other person. It will all work out--hang in there. Tell Rachel I said hi and will email soon!
Laura

Caboose said...

I am the final proof that more than "just 5 people read your blog spot!" Anyway, no one even cares who Tal Bauchman is or who he's related to. He's not even that famous...in fact he's so unfamous, I don't think I spelled his name correctly. And if I did well, I still had to think about it!