Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guitar Heroes

Anyone that knows me knows that I have always been addicted to video games since I was a kid. My first paycheck from the paper route that Thad and I ran went to buy a Nintendo NES - yep, the original one with the square game cartridges. I moved up when the next gen came out, and bought a Sega Genesis when I got my first real job. That graduated into the Genesis 32x (it was a gift), then the Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox, and now the PS 3. I have always liked rock music (see previous post on Queensryche), so when I saw Guitar Hero II for the PS 2 I had to have it. I bought it one afternoon at Target, when the boys were still with us and plugged it in as soon as I could. I have to admit, in a cheesy way it made a lot of sense to me. It felt good to play along with some of my favorite songs, and some new ones that I didn't know. When Guitar Hero III came out last year, no brainer, right? I ended up selling my PS2, Xbox, most of my games, plus the guitar hero controller and decided to concentrate on my PS3 collection of games. Rachel bought me GH: III for Christmas with some of the proceeds of that sale. It's so much fun. I love the Les Paul Guitar controller, the fact that it's wireless, and that Rachel worked with Dee Gallion to make vinyl cutouts of the TriRyche and a "got Queensryche" sticker for it to display my love.
The EQ presidency decided last month to do a game night together, and Ed brought his PS 2, GH: II game and controller. (side note, GH II game doesn't work with the PS 3 - so I gave to Ed). I was supposed to go as well, but ended up having to work late and I wasn't able to attend. We decided to get together again on Tuesday, and I brought the PS 3 and GH: III over to play. We ordered pizza, drank soda, and rocked out to some of the classic bands and their most popular songs. I took a few pics, and am sharing with you now.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I have one word....hilarious!