Thursday, April 17, 2008

This is a Thinker



So, I was in a store the other day - and saw this placard on one of the registers. Now, I noticed that this wasn't on all the lanes, just two of them. I asked the cashier what it was for, she said they have two lanes designated as ADA lanes and this was the sign for them. I let it go at that, but it started to eat at me. So I ask all of you:

How is a blind person supposed to know what lane in a store is ADA compliant?

(on a side note, another person I posed this question to asked me a follow-up question: Why is there braille on the number keys for a drive-up ATM?)

3 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Yeah, that one gets me.

Mom said...

You made me laugh out loud on the key pad question. HUMMMMMMMMM......hopefully, someone else is driving????? I have heard of the phrase, "Driving blind", but I don't think it is meant literally.

Glad you had a good time.
Love you,
MOM

Janell said...

Too funny...you had jeff and I cracking up pretty hard...definitely makes you wonder!

It's kind of like those signs on route 100 that say.. "stay alive" or "don't fall asleep." Apparently, there are people who want to die on route 100 and they're reminding them not to.