Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sick Father + Two Children + Pair of Scissors =

This story is a perfect example of why moms should listen to their intuition. Last Thursday I had to take Zach and Daniel to soccer practice, because the Doctor had told me to take it as easy as possible I decided to see if Aaron would watch the girls while I went, rather than chase them around the soccer field. Aaron had been falling asleep on the couch off and on all afternoon, since he was after all sick. He assured me he would be fine and that the girls would be fine, he would stay awake. I told him, if wanted to sleep I would take the girls with me it would not be a problem. Well in the end I left the girls with him.

When I came home from practice I was so busy getting everyone ready for bed I did not even look at the girls very closely. Then as I was changing Ryleigh's diaper I noticed some of Allie's hair on the floor. I asked Aaron if he had given Allie a haircut, she did need one after all. He said no and that was that. I then looked at Allie alot closer, she had taken the scissors to her hair and given herself a new style. But apparently that was not enough, she decided to cut her sisters hair as well. Man......Aaron was laughing when I pointed it out to him. I was a little mad. He apparently had fallen asleep. He saw the girls over in the corner with the scissors. He asked Allie if she was cutting paper...her reply "No". So on Friday morning we went and got Allie's hair fixed. It is a lot shorter than I wanted it, but what do you do!!!

Ryleigh's we haven't fixed yet. Probably will see what happens with her hair. She doesn't seem to mind.

Moral of the story.....never leave your children home with a sick father who is half asleep any way...no matter what they say!!!!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I was laughing so hard when Aaron was relating this story. Shades of when Beth wanted to be a beautician and decided to cut her own hair and that of Nancy's. Beth took the scissors and put them up to the middle of her hairline and cut a reverse mohawk into her hair. I am sorry that I do not have a picture of that, because it would have been hilarious to show her now, what her attempts to enter beauty school had done for her. Just like when I went down to change the wash, quick as a bunny, Ryleigh is upstairs, squirting soap all over herself, into her hair, on the top of books on the floor and on the floor in her parent's bedroom. I find her and she is peeping up over her parent's bed, looking so innocently up at me with a "Who Me?", "Is there something wrong, Grandma??" look on her face. It was priceless. So, we spent a little bit of time washing off everything, including Ryleigh's hair and body. I had forgotten how quick little ones can be.

Anonymous said...

So far (knock on wood) we have avoided this experience with Emma. We have had plenty of marker-body-art which is always fun. I used to have LONG braids when I was around 4ish and wanting my mom to let me wear my hair down. So one day I cut one of my braids off. I had the girl version of the bowl cut for a long time while we let my hair grow back out.

James C. said...

Aaron, you are lucky you didn't have any hair for her to cut. Next time Jim needs a hair cut we'll be by for a trim. ha-ha...

Jess

Laura said...

Rachel-
Was just surfing and came acroos you guys--How are you?
Check out my blog also--
email me misslauras@yahoo.com
I would love to catch up with you!

Caboose said...

Somehow I sadly missed this blog...man that is hilarious. I don't ever remember Vicky or I cutting each others hair...but correct me if I'm wrong mom.