Thursday, August 16, 2007

Fare Thee Well !

Okay, so ..

I am sitting at home last Monday, and I get a phone call from the Bishop. Now, this is almost never a good thing. Not that I don't like the Bishop, just that a phone call is usually a harbinger of change. Well, after talking to him, he told me that The Smiths were moving, and he wanted to get some people over to help load the truck on Wednesday. I was like, "okay, what time" and "how many people you want", stuff like that. We ended the conversation, and then it sunk it. The Smiths? No way. I was kinda shook up, and afraid that I had not listened to the Bishop properly. I called Dee Gallion, to see if she heard anything about this. I figured if anyone knew this bit of information, it would be her. Well, for the first time ever, I scooped Dee Gallion. I asked her to call the Smiths, to see if they were moving, otherwise I would have to call the Bishop back and tell him I wasn't really paying attention to who was moving. Dee called back, and sure enough, they're leaving. What a crappy week, first the Hassells leave, and now the Smiths. There will always be a special place in my memory of Phil Smith. He and Paul DeNys showed up at our doorstep on the evening of our first official day at church to welcome us to the Ward and to see if we needed any help or anything moving in. It was a nice gesture. Phil and I have been friendly since.

I wish you luck, Phil and Tracy. I hope you find what you were looking for in Utah, and that you keep in touch. We'll miss your spirits, and I'll miss finding new ways to shock Tracy with my colorful metaphors and crude tongue. Ask me about the last time I made Tracy blush, it's a good story, but not to be shared in the pages of this blog. Love you guys, and the primary program just won't be the same without Matthew. Fare thee well.

No comments: