Thursday, August 30, 2007

Heroes

Monday nights are usually a slow night around the Palmer house when it comes to watching TV. Rachel started watching "Prison Break" when it first came on, but I never got into it. I would usually take that time, and play "Guild Wars" or download music. I started to watch with Rachel eventually and got hooked on the suspense, and the writing on the show was fantastic. You just never knew from one episode to another who would survive, or where the story was going. Just an amazing job of creating suspense. So, when this new show came out called "Heroes" on NBC (of all places) - it seemed hokey. Not to mention the fact that it came on at the same time as PB, we just never watched. Even as the series exploded among fans and critics, we still were oblivious to the hype. So, summer came, and there happened to be a marathon on the SciFi channel of said show. There was nothing else on, so I watched an episode at midnight. Boy, I got hooked. I watched the next one, then the next one, then the next one, until 4 AM. That's when SciFi decided to sell their time to the assorted wares of juicers, pasta makers, speed reading, and Showtime Rotisserie Ovens. Yes, the set it and forget rage overtook the marathon and I had to get ready for bed in any case, since Church was right around the corner.

The marathon began again, but I was only able to watch one or two more episodes. I decided to set the DVR to record all upcoming episodes. In all, I probably watches 9 or 10 of them. One would think that I wouldn't have been so late on the uptake with this show. It's a match made in heaven for me - in an X-Men kind of way. Well, the inevitable DVD was released on Tuesday. Rachel and I had a rebate coupon from Costco, and we chose to buy it. I am so glad we did, but we've only made it through the first two shows so far. NO RUINING IT FOR ME !! NO SPOILERS !!

My favorite character is Matt Parkman, the LAPD officer who can read minds. Of all the powers on the show, that would be the one I'd like to have. To be able to read people's minds would pwn. The other power I would like to have, if mind reading was taken, would be invisibility, but who wouldn't like that one. So, I'll close with a hearty "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" and switch my laundry over to the dryer. Peace.

No comments: