Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time Flew

It seemed that a blog was a good way to keep up our family and friends on the goings on in our household, and it has been. Being with Ben and his family in Michigan was a blast, and also very relaxing. We arrived on Friday evening, Ben rented an auger to dig holes for a privacy fence, and was diligently hammering away at the holes while we were en route. I helped him blast through the last 14 or so holes to make the most of the rental fee of the auger, you should see my poor taste in shoes for that job. My Crocs are dirty, dirty, dirty - and wouldn't have stopped the auger, but it was worth helping out Ben after all he's done for me and my family. Saturday was spent relaxing. We didn't do a darn thing, just sat around watching movies and talking, the kids playing in the sandbox and the adults playing "Ticket to Ride - Europe". It was everything I hoped it could be - vacation is for relaxing, after all. Rachel and I spent a long drive on Friday, and Ben was tired from the auger, so we just called it even and hung out the whole weekend. The only bummer was that Ben doesn't allow the TV on Sunday's, so looking for things to keep my short attention span busy was hard, but I made it. Church on Sunday was also good, the Detroit Temple shares the parking lot with the Stake Center where Ben attends, so that was pretty neat. It was also odd, in a way, since the Stake Center looked way bigger than the Temple did. Rachel and I meant to make it back to see the Temple and take pictures, but we never did. Looks like another trip to Michigan will have to be made. Here's a short summary of our week with them:

Monday - Trip the Detroit Zoo. Coolest part? The Kangaroo exhibit, where you actually walked down a path through the exhibit itself, where the kangaroos roam free and across the path sometimes. We also found out that baby Clay (my nephew) thought I was pretty cool, and loved to hang out with me.


Tuesday - We went to the local mall for storytime at Potty Barn Kids. Allison and Ryleigh both love having books read to them, so story time is such a great thing for them. We got there, and Allison decided to push her way to the front like she always does. You should have seen her weaving around strollers, kids, parents, and store displays. Coolest part? We found Ryleigh her own set of Pirate stuff, since she's obsessed with them since our trip to Teach's Hole in North Carolina. We bought her a plate, glass, napkin for the table and then some gold dubloons, with a lamenated treasure map. I am always trying to get her to do her Pirate voice, because I love it, and we're also going to try and make the Pirate weekend at the PA RenFaire.


Wednesday - We were going to try and make this beach on Lake Erie, where there is a row of fountains for the kids to run in and a huge jungle gym. It was supposed to rain all day, and we were running late getting the kids together. Rachel and I told Sarah not to stress, and if we didn't go there, it wouldn't be the end of the world. We were on vacation, after all, and it's not like we needed to go someplace everyday to make the week feel worth it. So, we spent the afternoon keeping the kids busy outside in the sandbox, while swapping stories. Just fun getting to know Sarah better, for me at least.

More on the rest of the week in the next post. Love to all.

2 comments:

The Edwards Clan said...

I just have to say that it's so funny for me to read your blog and read about how much your life revolves around your kids -- just like for us! You're probably thinking, "DUH!" But, you have to remember that when we first met you it was just the two of you. Then you had Allison, and we got to see you as you emerged into parenthood. But, since we've moved you've added two more kids and have been engulfed in parenthood...just like us. I don't know, call me sentimental or whatever. It's just neat for me to think about. :o)

Fetcher said...

That's true, Natalie - but don't forget, when we first met you guys it was just the two of you and Wally.....

MwahHAHAHAHAHAH